Chris is an entrepreneur at heart who has a passion for creating useful tools that actually help people solve problems versus strictly trying to profit off of them. Fortunately, shortly after getting married, he learned how to start saving for the future - something that he had always viewed as "it will all just work out" up until that time in his life.
After selling a small web-based comparison search company to a Chicago firm and attending business school, he shifted career paths from high tech to industrial manufacturing. In 2010 and managing a $20 Million business unit at Illinois Tool Works, Chris picked up his family and moved to Charleston, SC to be closer to family, the water and nature - as well as to start an Internet holding company. One of the companies that he founded is CompareCards.com and he is actively committed toward helping consumers understand the advantages and pitfalls of personal finance.
Chris is a graduate of Vanderbilt University, where he met his wife, and has also received a Masters in Business Strategy from Northwestern's Kellogg School of Management. He and his wife Kate have four children.
Chris Mettler's most recent posts
- Paying Down Your Balances Is Essential to Improving Your Credit Score
- Is Debt Consolidation for You?
- Tips for Reducing Credit Card Debt and Dependence
- The Right Way to Cancel a Credit Card
- JetBlue Credit Card Review – For Those Who Love to Fly
- Credit Cards in the News: May 5 – 11, 2013
- Fairmont Visa Signature Card Review – Will It Help You on Vacation?
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card Review – Is This Travel Card Right For You?
- Credit Cards in the News: April 28 – May 4, 2013
- Maximum Balance Transfer Is Higher than You Probably Think
- A Legitimate Method for Rapid Mortgage Repayment
- Home Depot Project Loan vs. Lowe’s Consumer Credit Card
Occasionally here at CompareWallet.com, we allow contributors from other sites and blogs to provide content for our readers. All of our guest authors are screened to ensure their work benefits our visitors. Learn more about each of the guests by reading their bios at the bottom of their posts.
Heaven is a wife, writer, entrepreneur, and general force-to-be-reckoned-with on the internet. With an eye for details and a passion for helping others, Heaven works her magic on CompareCards to ensure every word on the site is pure perfection. She may be the youngest member of our team, but her unwavering drive and willingness to learn far exceed her years. She makes us all push just a little harder.
Heaven started working online during her first year in college because she needed a flexible way to pay the bills. Her architecture major had her in studio 40+ hours a week, on top of time spent in other classes. When she put her talent for writing to good use, she discovered a thriving income source that she was naturally equipped to utilize. She soon shifted career paths and decided to pursue the web full-time.
Four years later, she is now considered one of the best in the business. She works as a writer, editor, manager, and outreach expert to maintain quality content on the web. Without realizing it, you've probably read some of her work online. You can see some examples of that right here on our blog.
In terms of her financial journey, Heaven's gone through just as much struggle as anyone else. A severe car accident in 2010 made it impossible for her to work for a long stretch of time, sending her into immense debt at the ripe old age of 21. She made several bad investment moves shortly after that, but eventually she was able to work her way through piles of unpaid bills. Now, every bill she has is paid off for at least three months in advance, and she finally feels free to enjoy life again.
Heaven married her high school sweetheart in 2008, and the two live happily in the Midwest. No kids at the moment, but they have two cats and plenty of fish tanks to keep them occupied. What's in store for this little spitfire? There's no real way to tell. We're just happy to be along for the ride.
Heaven Stubblefield's most recent posts
- Moore Tornado – How You Can Help
- How to Get a Good Deal on Your First Home
- TJX Rewards Credit Card Review – Save at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods
- How to Save Money on Gas This Summer
- Hawaiian Airlines Visa Signature Card Review – Say Aloha to Savings
- The True Cost of Renting vs. Buying a Home
- 10 Staging Tips to Maximize Profits in a Strong Housing Market
- What is a Credit Freeze and Should You Use It?
- Can You Define These 9 Financial Terms?
- SpendSmart Prepaid Card Review – Is Justin Bieber Promoting a Good Product?
- Reminder: Taxes Are Due!
- The True Cost of Paying Taxes with a Credit Card
Kari is a writer, aspiring entrepreneur, perfectionist, and Head of Content Strategy for CompareCards.com. She strives to be the best at what she does and is constantly on the lookout for ways to improve not only herself, but also CompareCards content and overall public image. She has a bleeding heart to help others with her knowledge and resources.
Kari was born and raised in the Midwest and graduated college from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville with a B.A. in Mass Communication and a minor in Business Administration. In 2011, she finally made her 5-year dream a reality by packing up her belongings and precious weenie dogs and moved to charming Charleston, SC. While waiting tables and bartending, she met two people who run the business behind-the-scenes and, thanks to her witty personality and dedication, landed a position with the company.
Kari is currently feeling the independent financial load almost every American today feels with student loans and credit card debt. Part of that personal remorse is why she strives every day to create useful and trustworthy content for her fellow friends, colleagues and all users of CompareCards.com.
Kari Luckett's most recent posts
- The Most Important Element in a Negotiation
- Understanding Negotiation
- Top Couponing Sites on the Internet
- Traveling Abroad with a Credit Card
- Avoid Credit Card Skimming on Summer Vacation
- Is Mint.com Still The Best Free Money Management Site Available?
- Going Green with Credit Cards
- Top 5 Free Money Management Sites for Children
Michael has been working for himself since 2009 and wishes he'd done it sooner. Graduating from the University of Miami in 2007 with a degree in Mathematics, Michael bounced around the restaurant and financial industry for a couple of years before landing on his feet.
He currently works for a handful of personal finance websites and is recently married. Soon he and his wife Margarita will move from their apartment in Miami to a home in Connecticut where they belong. At one point in his life, Michael was more than a quarter million dollars in student loan and credit card debt but has since worked his way back to financial health. He'll draw from his own personal experiences to help CompareCards' readers navigate the uncertain waters of credit cards.
Michael Pruser's most recent posts
- The Right Way to Pay Off Bad Credit Card Debt
- Quick Tips for Choosing a New Credit Card
- Don’t Overlook These Possible Tax Deductions
- Which Credit Card Is Best for Car Rentals?
- The History behind American Express
- The Best Credit Cards of 2013
- The Best Cash Back Credit Cards, April 2013
- The Best Low Interest Credit Cards, May 2013
- The History of Discover Credit Cards
- The Best Business Credit Cards, May 2013
- The Best Student Credit Cards, March 2013
- The Best Airline Miles Credit Cards, May 2013